*The WebClient is a new option currently under development by Microsoft. Expect the functionality and appearance to change over time. It offers easy remote access to computer with a model HTML5 web browser.
Using the HMTL5 WebClient for RemoteApp
Using the webclient is extremely simple. You'll need to use a modern HTML5 web browser like Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, etc. (no Internet Explorer).
- Go to https://virtual.krannert.purdue.edu/RDWeb/WebClient
- Log in with your Purdue username and password (no krannert\ needed
- Find your desired application and single-click it to open.
- The application will launch inside the browser window.
About the toolbar -
- At any time, you can click "All Resources" to get back to the application list.
- You can expand the application with the fullscreen icon
- You can collapse the toolbar with the unpin icon
Important Notes/Limitations for the WebClient -
- There is currently no way to open or save a file directly from/to your local hard drive. Most will need to use their ITaP W: drive to open/save/transfer files. Krannert Faculty, Staff and PhD's can use their Krannert U: or V: drives instead.
- Don't use the browser BACK button. It will not do what you think it does, and in the best case scenario it will kick you out the site.
- Heavy handed ad blockers, popup blockers, script inhibitors, etc... may cause the WebClient to fail loading. You may never see the login, or never see the applications. Whitelist this site.
- Please remember, this is a BETA. It has not been tested on every browser or with every app. Though convenient, it is still considered an "alternative" method of connecting, should other mechanisms be problematic.